Monday, March 12, 2012

Stress

Stress

I have been at BYU for 4 years now, I am involved in various extracurriculars; I am taking 14.5 credits, I work 20 hours a week, I volunteer, I do research, I am in the presidency of an academic club, and I constantly find myself engaging in new causes. You only live once, and I definitely don't want to miss out on any opportunities--hence why I've decided to go to Italy for three months this summer. I have already been accepted to my graduate program, and I always want to make sure that my priorities are in order. My favorite quote (the one I mention every 3 posts) is to "never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." I think I've done a great job at that, but the problem is that there still seem to be a million problems that need solving. Here are a few:

  • Where I am going to live in Italy
  • Who I am going to live with in Italy
  • Where I am going to live in Provo once I get back from Italy
  • Who I am going to live with in Provo
  • How I am going to handle all my finances for Italy
  • Finishing up my insurance claim for my car accident that happened over a year ago
  • How I am going to get caught up in school and confident in all my classes, having dedicated the majority of my time the last two weeks with helping out with BYUSA campaigns
  • What teachers I am going to work with for my field study, I know I'm working with Dr. Coyne for one class, but I still have to talk with her about the course contract; and I have no idea who I'm going to take the 3rd class with--I still have one more class to finish up for my graduation requirements, which brings up other things I have to worry about
  • Getting my 20 hours of work in this week
  • Finding time to meet with Collins, who graciously offered to help me with my Italian class
  • Finishing up applying for graduation
  • Buying my cap and gown materials
  • Paying for my cap and gown materials
  • Buying a car for next year
  • Paying for a car for next year
  • Figuring out where to store my things while I'm in Italy
  • Deciding what to take to Italy
I could go on, but I think it might have an adverse affect on my already high stress level. I know I can only do one thing at a time--writing it all out, while stressful, does at least put everything a little bit into perspective. The truth is that I have A LOT to do in NOT A LOT of time. I'm not sure exactly how it's already March, but basically what that means for me is that I will be on a plane to Italy in a month and a half! Snap, so I can't let myself get overwhelmed by stress, I have to, as Nike says, "Just Do It." So, I guess rather than spending more time elaborating on how I'm going to do it, I'm just just going to make a check list right now, and start making phone calls. So, until next time--Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment