Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Living Arrangement

Living Arrangements
Maybe I'll live in a place like this while I'm
in Rome, who knows!?
So, last time I posted, I talked a lot about stressed. Am I still stressed? Yes. Am I working to reduce that stress. Yes. One thing that is really important to me to reduce that stress is finding housing in Italy. Obviously there are several other things to deal with, like plane tickets and finances, BUT I could get all of that figured out, fly to Italy, and then have NO where to live.


Sarah has been a sweetheart and is looking into me potentially living with the lady she lived with this past semester, Caitlin is also in contact with a missionary friend is who is living in Rome, and hopefully something will come of that. But, to be honest, it kind of adds to my stress a bit not to have control over this aspect of my trip. I think I am going to start trying to do some of my own investigative research. I know that the BYU field study program discourages students from living with member families, but honestly, safety is a HUGE concern for me going to Italy by myself. That's not what I was planning on when I signed up for the field study, and I would feel so much more comfortable living with a family that shares the same beliefs and standards with me. I may try to get in contact with the bishop of the Rome ward and maybe he can connect me with a family...Maybe, if I talk with him, he can set me up to live with a family that aren't members, but that he knows well and trusts. Either way, I only have a month and a half to figure this all out, and considering how quickly the last 2 weeks just shot by, this is something I don't want to sit around and hope happens. I am so appreciative for all the help of everyone, and I really do hope some of those things go through, but until they do, I think it is my responsibility to start making things happen. I'm going on a field study by myself, I am going to be alone in a country, trying to speak a language that I am far from fluent in--I guess now is as good as time as ever to really start relying on myself--hoping that I don't have to do everything alone, but planning on it.

Welp, the 8:00am hour has hit, and I'm going to start making some calls and working on my check list items!

No comments:

Post a Comment